Re: Cool Trailers

A Back to the Future 2 take on the Terminator series is far from the worst idea they've done, and could be kinda fun.
Honestly the only thing that sucks about this so far is Jai Courtney being his usual terrible self, and dodgy effects work.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I avoided the non-Cameron Terminator films, but this one looks like it could be fun. They at least seem to know the films, which the others didn't seem to. The idea that all the time travel truly fucked up reality is great.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, I went into the trailer expecting to facepalm, but I think it could potentially be the best of the non-Cameron terminator flicks.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Huh...that actually looks pretty freakin cool.

Although if you had asked me who I would cast as the new Sarah Connor, I would not have said Emilia Clarke. And...as much as I love her...she's really not right for this. She looks like she's about 16 and never seen a fight in her life. Unless they're REALLY fucking with the timeline, and she is actually super young (Although judging by the dialogue we did get it sounds like this is supposed to take place after T1, possibly even T2), I don't think she'll pull it off.

My movies: ZangrethorDigital.ca
Let's plays: youtube.com/bigdamnartist
Other movie thing I do: youtube.com/BullskitComedy

I think this is actually supposed to be an alternate universe T1 era film or something. Kyle Reese goes back, but apparently the various films have all had alternate versions of the futureor something, and everyone and their cousin decided to send terminators back for various reasons from every alternate future. Instead of there just being the one Terminator, now there have been Terminators for decades and they just keep coming. Like every time they send a terminator back, it fucks up the timeline which makes them send a different terminator back, which fucks up the timeline and allows them to send two other terminators back... And then Conner's been sending some back to fight the others...

That's what I'm hoping, at least...

It would be a better way of making a terminator movie than trying to pretend you give a fuck about maintaining some kind of continuity between the originals and the shitty sequels.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

BigDamnArtist wrote:

Although if you had asked me who I would cast as the new Sarah Connor, I would not have said Emilia Clarke.

I'm with BDA on this one. Emilia is nowhere near this:

http://wordofthenerdonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/t2_hamilton1.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ok, Intrigued... don't let me down Sorkin.

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

A new trailer for Alien: Covenant is out.

It is no longer a game!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was with it until they started showing the thing in broad damn daylight...then it was just low groaning noise and then I sorta blacked out.

Looked like it had some potential but it's just another cg action shoot em up fest. Blech.

My movies: ZangrethorDigital.ca
Let's plays: youtube.com/bigdamnartist
Other movie thing I do: youtube.com/BullskitComedy

Wait, there were no cool trailers for two years?!

Extended Edition - 134 Blade Runner 2049
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Looks like it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I will not be fooled twice. I haven't forgotten Prometheus, Ridley. And this trailer is promising the same thing: incredible visuals, lame-ass script. This one doesn't even seem to try doing anything new. "Let's come to this remote planet, find a weird old wreckage, find weird stuff, then out pops an alien, or maybe several, and we're screwed, lol".

Cool insider VFX fact, though : there was a daily at one of the studios working on this flick that was dedicated to... the alien's dick. Yes, the alien has a winkle. And the daily was pretty much three renderings of the dick in different sizes, to decide which one to keep.

Sébastien Fraud
Facebook | Twitter | 500px
"We're gonna build a great green screen, and make the traditional matte painters pay for it"
Saniss for President 2016 - "Make VFX great again"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I recall there being similar meetings re: Dr. Manhattan.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Are they perhaps talking about the Space Jockey / 'Prometheans' (as people are apparently calling them), and not the Xenomorphs? I ask because the Xenomorphs having dicks makes no sense at all, given the way they procreate. Maybe a tucked away barb or something that protrudes whenever they are needed to fertilize, but that shouldn't happen too often, and you'd need a queen and drones for that to happen.

Ant drones don't have big floppy penises or red rockets hanging out all over the place. Hopefully they're talking about the Prometheans (ugh... that name...).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That is entirely possible. It's a friend of a friend who works there. Some data exactitude might have been lost along the way.

(I also happen to know the gal who made the alien's drool simulations)

Sébastien Fraud
"We're gonna build a great green screen, and make the traditional matte painters pay for it"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I would be OK with them just having dicks, honestly. If they show the fertilization process that would be fine, I mean. If they just have big old H R Giger lumpy swingers, that'll be weird. Maybe their dicks have another little dick inside like their mouths...

It annoys me that CG animals in movies generally tend to not have genitalia or buttholes. Like it's gonna offend people to see animal dicks and buttholes, even though anyone with a pet will have become used to seeing them.

I was hoping that the monkeys in the new PotA movies would have them. For as photoreal as they're trying to make the creatures in movies, the lack of genitalia seems like it would be an obvious tell for your brain.

Last edited by Squiggly_P (2017-03-03 18:12:22)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dicks on film... I'll leave this here.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-50426-bart-simpson-penis-gif-Imgur-S-nJao.gif

I'm sure there was talk about this

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Doesn't the Simpsons Movie actually show Bart naked for a few frames?

Yes, but I didn't want to splay a cartoon bart cock in the forum, Faldor.

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Probably for the best!

http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bart-simpson-penis.jpg

I'm not even sorry.

Sébastien Fraud

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cinematography on fucking point.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Got me interested in the idea of the Jedi as an institution coming to an intentional, self-imposed end. Otherwise, "Ooh, that's all pretty!"

I don't mean to crap on it, necessarily; but there's no way it could match up to the hype of TFA. After nearly thirty years, Han says, "Chewie? We're home." Good luck living up to that.

Looking forward to the movie of course, and looking forward to the first trailer.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

I didn't like that line in that movie tongue

Trailer's pretty good, tho. I think this film is in a much more difficult position than TFA. TFA basically just had to be entertaining while giving us the intros for the main characters. The plot was basic as hell. Fans obviously aren't going to dig on just another cloned plot, so they're gonna have to do something that's actually unique and interesting.

OR they're gonna just make Empire but with new characters and stuff. Either way, fans are gonna get pissed. They'll get pissed if it's rehashing the same basic plot elements of Empire, but they'll get pissed if it's different and not 'Star Wars enough'. Trailer looks good to me, and wasn't wallowing in fan-service moments. That's a good sign.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Crap, Squigs, I think we agree on something. Time for one of us (probably me) to go re-evaluate life.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.