Re: The Future of Star Wars

It is official: Disney buys 20th Century Fox. This means that Disney now owns all distribution rights to all Star Wars movies.

We all float down here...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can see Kennedy sitting on the original cuts out of not wanting to go against Lucas' wishes.

Extended Edition - 139 The EE Christmas Panto!
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

That's very well possible. However, they would need to scan the movies again for the 4K Blu-ray release that's probably coming sooner or later (the 2004 and 2011 Special Editions exist only as 1080p scans), even if it's gonna be some version of the Special Edition once again. A simple upscale of the old 1080p masters would piss many people off.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Remember in Cloud Atlas, when all the movies were called Disneys?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

http://pre00.deviantart.net/69dd/th/pre/i/2017/310/a/a/disney_ea_borg_meme_by_ukomba-dbsyqvg.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Remember in Cloud Atlas, when all the movies were called Disneys?

Fucking hell.

Sébastien Fraud
Facebook | Twitter | 500px
"We're gonna build a great green screen, and make the traditional matte painters pay for it"
Saniss for President 2016 - "Make VFX great again"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

simpsons did it

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Marty, EA's not really in good standing in that collective right now, for what it's worth tongue

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Boter wrote:

Marty, EA's not really in good standing in that collective right now, for what it's worth tongue

Actually, that's just given me a great idea!  What if we brought hi-rez video and loot boxes together?  So the only thing you could get was a generic box labelled "Star Wars film".  You wouldn't know which film it was or what quality (VHS dub, standard def DVD, bluray, 4K Ultra HD, etc.) until you put it on.

There'd be some just available for free from their website or something, but if you really *needed* a particular film or a particular resolution, you could always spend money to get more boxes, and it *should* turn up eventually. 

There'd be excitement with the whole uncertainty element, and they'd make a heck of a lot more money.  Sounds like win/win!

Last edited by sellew (2017-12-15 08:32:13)

For the next hour, everything in this post is strictly based on the available facts.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Please don't give them ideas.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

someone's a closet marketer!

"sell ew" indeed

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Get the fuck out of here.

Tomahawk Ellingsen

www.extendededition.net

Faldor wrote:

I can see Kennedy sitting on the original cuts out of not wanting to go against Lucas' wishes.

Agreed.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Solo teaser is finally here.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Man, going back and re-reading this thread is a trip.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Man, going back and re-reading this thread is a trip.

Dayum, Invid (almost) nailing TLJ back in 2014.

ZangrethorDigital.ca
youtube.com/bigdamnartist

Soo, now since last FIYH-episode that there are 3 more Star Wars - movies, is gang up to do some commentaries like you hinted back then? wink

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This is the best we are getting...

http://eepodcast.lauraaftermidnight.com … 19_TFA.mp3

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, 'fraid so.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Donald Glover gives a short tour of the new Millennium Falcon sets:

SPOILER Show

Pretty cool. Now I'm a little more excited for Solo.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Just got hit by possibly the two dumbest Star Wars spoilers of all time for Solo:

SPOILER Show
1. Han gets his last name because he's an orphan so someone assigning him somewhere says "Your last name is Solo now" or something to that effect.

2. Han goes on a heist and it turns out his boss is FUCKING DARTH MAUL WITH ROBOT LEGS. I don't mean that as "the same species as Maul," it's literally Darth fucking Maul.

Jesus fucking Christ. Didn't want to wait for the movie discussion thread to post these because I'm just flabbergasted. Was already planning on skipping this one but now you couldn't pay me to see it.

Last edited by DarthPraxus (Yesterday 21:10:00)

...jesus.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1 is dumb but can be discussed.

2 is... holy shit. I'm done.

Sébastien Fraud
"We're gonna build a great green screen, and make the traditional matte painters pay for it"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

SPOILER Show

2: I haven't been watching Clone Wars or Rebels so I don't know exactly what they've been doing with Maul in there, but I'm just kinda impressed that Disney would be bringing him in this far into the timeline as canon, it's been what? At least 20 years since he got the big slice? Ain't no body can put down Maul apparently.

Also. I just went from, "Eh, maybe Ill see it" to "HOLY SHIT I NEED TO THIS, BECAUSE EITHER IT'S A TRAINWRECK OR GENIUS AND I NEED TO KNOW."

ZangrethorDigital.ca
youtube.com/bigdamnartist

SPOILER Show
To be honest I kinda liked what they did in Clone Wars, it's one of the darkest and better made episodes (in a show that had lots of crappy ones). But it was its own thing, and I never quite considered it as canon (mostly because I don't give a shit about developments made from the prequels). That they would take it and put it in an actual SW film... jesus. Episodes VII and VIII go by the motto "We're continuing the OT, and taking just a few elements from the prequels when they were really good and coherent with the OT". The Star Wars Stories are apparently going batshit insane.

Last edited by Saniss (Today 09:49:35)

Sébastien Fraud

Thumbs up Thumbs down