Re: The Hyacinth Disaster

Thanks drax!

The sound effect you're referring to, is it the three-beep incoming transmission effect?

Also,

DarthPraxus wrote:

Ugh, fuck you for

SPOILER Show
"The Parting Glass" at the end there.
Fuck you.

I think that's a compliment, so... You're welcome wink

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You are correct on both counts. wink

Re my previous final sentence: ;-)

If you think of your soundscape as The Score of your production, then you want it it make us feel tense when then characters are feeling tense. I'm sure you were going for that. Contrariwise: the score should calm us when the scene is calm, however your constant din of tones actually trains the listener to ignore and discount the noises so they bring less tension when you want it.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I personally disagree. There's a certain background din of noises that makes it not just be a bunch of voices, but when things get tense I felt that the "soundtrack" really helped underscore it. It would swell with alerts and switches and all manner of aural gizmos. And in quiet and somber moments, particularly Dread's death scene comes to mind, it wasn't here at all.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

I've been waiting for this since it was first mentioned in the chat. I listen to more audio dramas than most and people try gimmicks that more often than not just feel like exactly that, a gimmick.

The found footage idea of a black box recording not only works, but works in a way that would lose something if it were in any other medium.

It gives the early scenes of the charaters celebrating their find a sense of impending dread. You know from the very start that no one is getting out of this in one piece. It's The Hyacinth Disaster, not the Hyacinth Whoopsee.

Boter and Teague as noted else where do a better job than just show up as resident forumers, and Blue does a great job in the later episodes holding things together.

The mystery is handled nicely, I'm left wanting to know what's going on but I'm left with impression that Writhryn does know, and isn't about to give a TED talk about a mystery box.

I really hope this gets the attention it deserves.

Extended Edition - 140 Solo: A Star Wars Story!
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Well, it's on twitter now. @TheMRSHyacinth

And it was live-tweeted (quite entertainingly) by a person I don't know!

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down