Topic: Boter: A Review

In my case, I had the advantage of knowing more about Boter's personality than he had of mine. I've seen some of his videos, and his skits, and short films, and his only exposure to me was via this forum and our efforts on Hyacinth. These last two were shared experiences, so again, I have seen more of Boter's personality than he has of mine.

All that is to say, he's consistent. The instant we met face to face, I felt like I was, indeed, talking to Boter. His online persona is about the same as he is in person. Of course, it's quite possible all this was a front (as most people put up some kind of face when hosting guests), I'm inclined to think that I got the straight Boter. Naturally, there are depths to him that must only be found by close, long-time friends, but my point is that nothing he did or said seemed false. He cared about making sure we were comfortable, and yet was comfortable enough to share his own life aspirations and quirks. He even told me about his murder shed, so you know he's not hiding much.

Hanging out with him was fun. Board games, chill movies, that sort of thing. In fact, all four of use worked really well together, such that we dominated a cooperative game that's supposed to be difficult. Communication was easy, and the task was done quickly. One reason for this, I believe, is how his relationship with Mrs Boter seems quite like mine with Mrs Writhyn, with a gender-swap. Mrs Boter and I seem both pretty laid-back, and Boter and Mrs Writhyn were more gregarious and hilarious (more on the jokes in a minute). Thus, Boter and I were already well-practiced at dealing with a person of the opposite temperament.

This meant the actual work part of the weekend (shooting film) went very smoothly. He was an able director, knew what he wanted, but was open to suggestions and responded positively to change. What little obstacles occurred during production he dealt with gracefully and in good humor. Good man. I liked him. And the footage turned out great: he knows how to light a scene, while being honest about his past shortcomings. Best kind of person.

PS: The PUNS
Boter and Mrs Writhyn had too much fun with awful puns. While I sure enjoy such word games in this forum, it's different in real life, when you have to listen and you can't get away. No murder shed needed: I almost died.
But Boter was funny in other ways: he gave me a birthday card envelope written to Grimm, with a funny message inside written by Dreadnought. Ace joke.
Also, his computer room is pretty badass, his willingness to pursue freelancing dreams admirable, his house is pretty sweet, and his dogs are not nearly as annoying as I find most dogs to be. And he can cook!

Witness me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Boter: A Review

Writhyn wrote:

And he can cook!

And you can eat. It worked well.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

A spin off to 'Boter Cooks Something'...   Writhyn Eats Something?!

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Twitch: Social Eating

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

That'd be fun. He cooks, I eat and rate it.

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Boter Cooks - Writhyn Eats - Regan watches tongue

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down