Re: Random Movie Talk That Probably Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread

According to Box Office Mojo's estimates, we have a new winner - Avengers: Endgame has outgrossed Avatar worldwide.

I gotta say I'm happy that Avatar was dethroned. It's just a boring and forgettable retelling of the "white savior going native" story that has been told much more interestingly many times before. I watched it again recently and it felt very bland.

Also, Avatar 2 is gonna be an important case for anyone interested in box office performance. So many things have changed in the past decade. How many people will want to watch it? I'm very curious about that.

We all float down here...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Shared this w/Teague in the chat, figured I'd dump it here too: everyone, enjoy this dissection of how much a "Bruce Willis" performance in a VOD movie is actually him vs. his poorly disguised body double.

Jennifer Kent on how she tricked the studio into keeping her preferred aspect ratio for The Nightingale has made my week.

SPOILER Show
https://scontent.ffcm1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/67736265_1975038759264044_3506050978468069376_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQmmij-TSIOVIbQXSdSj7xVUqbD0t4pSDuww5prvFU6hIIyy0T9VgzVcrF4K-hzto04&_nc_ht=scontent.ffcm1-1.fna&oh=52f81ed159942d506d859db524ed2dcc&oe=5DE042BB

Nice. Reminds me of the opposite back in '02 where Joss Whedon intentionally framed people on far opposite sides of a wide shot with a ton of space in the middle to force a 16:9 broadcast from Fox.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

That is very good.

(I mean, 'tell it to Fincher,' but.)

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down