Re: Cool vids...again.

I never knew that I wanted to see cats on a parabolic flight until now...

I mean it's gotta be super distressing for the cats, but, look... floating cats!

Last edited by Regan (2019-08-15 10:30:33)

Hurroo

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

If I didn't know better I would have said this was a James@War video from like, 2007.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Heh. Love it.

I quite like that there Billie Eilish

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Regan wrote:

I've got that album on repeat right now.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Teague wrote:
Regan wrote:

I've got that album on repeat right now.

my boy ^^^^

Hurroo

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

[Aimed at Regan and also the generally-unitiated.]

I love the whole album [YouTube], but I'm not always in the mood for the whole album: it has a pleasantly-consistent texture, which ties the whole thing together, but it does kind of vacillate between two vibes: 'throbbing goth-pop paranoia,' as heard in the singles — which: all day, Billie — and 'soulful introspective melodic-pop ballad,' for the deeper cuts. The calmer stuff consists entirely of better-than-'filler'-quality songs, and she sounds great singing them... but, I'm just too enamored by the intensity [and construction] of the first vibe for me to consider the second vibe totally equal — so. Look: Listen to the album, folks. It's all good. I'm just sayin.'

(And it's intentional. The album is about fear, and the waxing and waning of her bravado is an aspect of that.)

(And to be clear: Vibe Two is good. Several songs that I love don't even show up until the top half of Vibe Two.)

Anyway.

I do have favorites, and I'm interested to learn my own personal ranking of them — so, in order, as of now:

(Vibe One)

(01) — [t06] — "bury a friend"
(02) — [t02] — "bad guy"
(03) — [t04] — "you should see me in a crown"
(04) — [t09] — "my strange addiction"

(Vibe Two)

(05) — [t10] — "wish you were gay"
(06) — [t14] — "goodbye"
(07) — [t05] — "all the good girls go to hell"
(08) — [t11] — "ilomilo"
(09) — [t03] — "xanny"
(10) — [t07] — "when the party's over"
(11) — [t13] — "i love you"
(12) — [t12] — "listen before I go"
(13) — [t08] — "8"
(14) — [t01] — "!!!!!!!" {interlude}

(For what it's worth: Don't make a ranking like this for yourself unless you'd actually want to. I was just bored.)

I've still got plenty to say about plenty of these songs, as well as the album in general... but, I'll leave the topic 'here' for now, just in case anybody else wants to hop onboard in the meantime. I'm stoked about Billie Eilish.

In any case, and most importantly: Homegirl was born two months after 9/11 — so, you're old.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I haven't listened to new music.. well none thats really resonated in years. 'I do like that there Billie Eilish'. Delicate and dark with a smattering of vulnerability.

It really takes a lot for music these days. I don't know if I'm just old and and outta touch but, I have one finger on the pulse, and this I like.

I'm not in the house or I'd eleaborate on this more eloquently than bold statements.

xanny - the lowest bass ever?

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've heard the singles, and probably part of a Sound Opinions episode (I hate the hosts, thus I can never get through a whole one), now I intend to inject (ed.: correct spelling was injeSt, but the slip withstands the editing process) the rest.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

He's not just doing slight of hand, but he's so good at selling it the footage looks like it must have been altered, even though it hasn't been.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

bgii2000 wrote:

He's not just doing slight of hand

Certainly not. (There are actually mechanisms to be spotted during the routine, he said, trying to avoid spoilers.)

He is good, though. Really good. There's a shitload of skill on that stage.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Harping back to Billie Eislish... I've been watching the Veronica Mars season 4 and Bury A Friend makes a brief appearance in the music of a club

Last edited by Regan (2019-08-30 14:29:15)

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It was sort of weird being the show is old and it was modern.

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*checks Wiki*

Hm.

Looks like season four is new; seasons one-through-three are old.

TIL.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, I've recently watched em - the jump from a The Streets song in season one to a Bille Eilish song, a decade and more later, seemed odd at first. I mean not to date this or anything... cut to 10 years time... Veronica Mars is bopping on a dance floor to some other popular tune.

Last edited by Regan (2019-08-30 14:57:06)

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, there's also the phenomenon of going back to old episodes of How I Met Your Mother or whatever and seeing modern product placement VFX'd into the scene.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Zoiks, Scooby.

(faldor mentioned a Joss cameo... - I never seen it)

Last edited by Regan (2019-08-30 15:44:16)

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ZangrethorDigital.ca

"Here's a 14 minute single take, no jump cuts, of a pleasant older gentleman talking about cinematic video on digital cameras as he canoes down a river."

Do I know most of what he was talking about? Yep. Was I still transfixed? Yep.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Boter wrote:

"Here's a 14 minute single take, no jump cuts, of a pleasant older gentleman talking about cinematic video on digital cameras as he canoes down a river."

I love this guy!

But if you shoot at 30 fps. You're a monster.

Extended Edition - 145 Gaming Grab Bag
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

That's just what Big 24 wants you to think.

(Unless you're passing value judgments on me living in a region with 60Hz electric grids, in which case, possibly a bit more fair.)

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

I'm just here to thoroughly approve of Boter's "Big 24" joke.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's times like this I'm glad humans only have another 30 years or so before the planet is uninhabitable. Seeing these guys wrecking face in the resource wars is gonna be one hell of a show.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Frasier was so much better than it had any right to be really. Can you think of any other syndicated sitcom that would be willing to dedicate 5 and a half minutes of a 22 minute show to a scene of pure solo physical comedy with absolutely no dialogue? It's a ridiculous thing, but it's amazing.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca