Re: Cool Trailers

You know what? As long as he doesn't retcon Rey's parents, I'm okay. I get to experience this series I've loved since I was a kid one last time, and that's all I need. Give us hell, JJ.

Also, this looks absolutely STUNNING. Dan Mindel is pulling out all the stops.

yikes CHILLS. Yeah man I cannot wait. Same with hoping JJ doesn't retcon her parents, but otherwise... man so much of this seems cool and new and exciting, and so much looks like awesome OT era stuff that we wanted more of. (A Y-wing doing cool maneuvers! The new crew piling into the Falcon's cockpit!)

Tickets purchased and counting down.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

I'm beginning to get a little more confident that they won't retcon Rey's parentage. Thank goodness.
I *think* that Rey will be handed (by all the force ghosts) the mantle of "Skywalker" which will serve as an open caretaker of Force knowledge, rather than an exclusive "we're the only good guys" vibe of the Jedi order.

Here's hopin'

Also I'm looking forward to this, one way or another.

Last edited by Writhyn (2019-10-22 14:19:02)

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, I am still sitting on a bet from four years ago, with Writhyn, that Rey's gonna turn out to be a Skywalker.

(Not because it'd be better for 'story reasons,' but because boring corporate storytelling chooses boring rhymes.)

I hadn't considered how much more likely that became when JJ took over. Homeboy will do anything with canon.

So.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wasn't that bet time-based? Like, it was a "by star wars 8" thing. But if 9 pulls another turn, I'll happily pay back the $20 you sent me tongue

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If Rey turns out to be a Skywalker, I'll officially claim that John Williams warned us by building Rey's theme on the same structure as Luke's.

Sébastien Fraud
Facebook | 500px Gallery | Instagram

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If JJ recons Rey to be a Skywalker, I'm gonna be so pissed. I much prefer her being a nobody. Anybody can have the Force. You don't have to be a bloody Skywalker for it.

Also, rhyme for seeing Threepio without his outer shell, Episode 9 to Episode 1?

Ben wrote:

Also, rhyme for seeing Threepio without his outer shell, Episode 9 to Episode 1?

It's like poetry!

Extended Edition - 145 Gaming Grab Bag
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog