Re: (The old second-anniversary show thread.)

Someone else sort of asked this but would you ever do TV episode commentaries(they asked about Celebrity Rehab). I've heard many references to Battlestar Galactica and Firefly and think it would be interesting to hear DIF comment on the more iconic episodes of great TV shows. A few suggestions:
-BSG Miniseries
-Rome
-Deadwood
-The Walking Dead
-Band of Brothers

On another note, I just recently started listening as a result of your podcast being mentioned on Reddit and I have to say, I'm a huge fan. I hope you have many more years of Down-in-fronting ahead of you.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Reddit?  Damn.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Welcome to the forums, carrotdude. smile

EDIT: Do you have a link to the Reddit thread?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments … n_popular/

This is the thread that led me to you, but judging by peoples comments you're pretty well know in Redditland.

One more quick point thank you for completely validating how I felt about Constantine. It was the first commentary of yours I listened to. Now I've been through all the ones where I can just play the movie in my head (Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Iron Man) and all the movies you've done that are available streaming online via Netflix.

Edit: Nevermind. Just found Jaws on Netflix.

Last edited by carrotman (2011-03-18 07:10:44)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sweet, we've got more than enough general ones. If you have any specific questions for individual people to answer, hit me with some of those.

Remember, it's me, Brian, Dorkman, Trey, Ryan, Eddie, Matt "Fayda" Vayda and the elusive Cloe Z.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague: Do you have to corral panelists? Do you consider yourself a panelist wrangler?

Brian: Which Enterprise is your favorite Enterprise? And how do you imagine a real intergalactic starship would differ from Trek starships in layout?

Michael: How did you get the nickname "Dorkman" and why do you put up with it when you are the brilliant one? Is "Dorkman" your mother's maiden name or something?

Trey: You are a good explainer. Have you ever taught elementary school? If not, what else drew you to these children?

Ryan: Would it be possible to create a Star Wars/Star Trek mashup movie that would actually work?

Eddie: What kind of a car do you drive? I'm guessing Camaro with a chrome skull shifter or, possibly, a custom 1950 Mercury like the one in Cobra.

Matt: What would you like to see in a new Alien movie? (Answer must include more than "an alien".)

Cloe Z: Have you always been around geeks or is your presence a university research project like Diane Fossey? And if so, are you concerned about being murdered by geek poachers?

Last edited by Zarban (2011-03-19 00:40:40)

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Also: one for anyone...

If the BeeGees somehow took over a small, third-world country around 1982, where would Barry Gibb have ranked among the world's worst despots? 3rd? 6th?

I'm gonna go ahead and answer this one here.

I drive a 2005 Mazda 6 that's inching towards 100,000 miles.  Since you're a brit, I think that translates to 4 km.  Check my math, though.  It's a dark metallic blue.  I have no after market skull anythings.  My wife drives a puke green Ford Fusion after a very bad decision.  In our rapid slide into parenthood and domesticity, we are buying a Ford Edge next.  Also, my wife has traded her entire wardrobe in for capri pants, and I now wear several fanny packs over my Dockers (one fanny pack has a chrome skull shifter).

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Alrighty, we need another Eddie question for the show now. wink

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eddie: What is the best question anyone ever asked you (apart from this one)?  Can you answer it? Why not?

Was that really my one question?

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Astroninja Studios wrote:

Since you're a brit, I think that translates to 4 km.

Actually, I'm from Indiana; I just write pompously. Imagine my posts being spoken in a broad Midwestern accent with a hint of Chicagoan crossed with Kermit the Frog.

Perhaps you're thinking of my distant personal friend, the Doctor from Speakeasy Commentaries, who has done some commentaries with my close personal friend, Tysto from Tysto Commentaries, who does sound a lot like me.

And I'm pretty sure 100,000 miles is, like, 200,030 kilometers. You double it and add 30, as I understand it.

Here is a new question for Eddie, tho....

As a new father, what film or film franchise do you most look forward eventually sharing with your child?

Last edited by Zarban (2011-03-19 02:54:51)

Therrrrrrrrrrre it is. Eddie, don't answer that one!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Also Brits use miles, but thanks for the thought smile

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Zarban wrote:

You double it and add 30, as I understand it.

Win.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

So 1 mile = 32 km.  Got it.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What combo of directors would you like to see? For example, Whedon/Jackson.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eddie: Does the editing in JFK (1991) make you go wow or is it too flashy and distracting?

Trey: What director's body of work (other than James Cameron's) do you admire the most.

Brian: What are some of your favorite SF books, if any.

Matt: Your favorite movies? (can't remember if you ever mentioned that)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I will probably miss the live show unfortunately, damn strep throat keeping me away from my PC.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This was great. Thanks to all the participants, including the chat room!