Re: Game of Thrones discussion thread

GoT does start to a bit of a slow burn, but trust me when I saw you'll want to stick with it just to see how much horrible shit can be thrown at good people.  In a way, its the inverse of Carnivale.  Carnivale's best episodes were front loaded, while GoT's are certainly 6-10.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Finishing up the pilot now. Yeah, it's a handsome show. The writing and acting seems to be good.

But I'm confused and bored. I'll see how I feel a few minutes into the second episode.

I might come back to GoT at some point, but for now, meh. I am glad it's on the air and good, it's just not my thing.

That's how my friend felt when he first saw the pilot at my house. I think it wasn't until episode 3 that he started getting into it. He eventually became so obsessed that we ended up spending the whole night watching the rest of the season.

Last edited by dj_bakerman (2011-08-12 02:00:13)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Gonna watch episode two tonight.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague, for the record, you have nearly cloned Rachel's view of this show. She went from being nagged into watching it, begrudgingly watching episode 1, and barely motivated to watch episode two.  By episode three I had to force her to go to bed and save episodes for later.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eddie wrote:

...By episode three I had to force her to go to bed and save episodes for later.

// only reason I haven't started watching yet.

// betcha can't watch just one!

It'll get yah man, the only thing keeping me from watching the entire thing again is that my friend just got me insanely hooked onto True Blood, so I have 4 seasons of that to get through first. As a side note: True Blood; fucking aaaawesome show.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Wait...did he really just...?

WAIT...did she really just...?

HOLY SHIT.

I know, right?

/just started reading A Feast for Crows
/hoping the series lasts long enough to do all the books
/damn

Brian Finifter wrote:

Wait...did he really just...?

WAIT...did she really just...?

HOLY SHIT.

Book or show?

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm slogging through the Dance with Dragons audiobook. Can someone tell me that the ending is awesome? I really enjoyed up to Storm of Swords, but then Feast for Crows was slow with a really abrupt end and Dance with Dragons isn't much better. Too many new characters and new story lines that I don't really care about. I get that the two books are parallel and I'm hoping that the "real" ending is in Dance with Dragons.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Show. Finally just finished the first season.

I really don't want to commit to the books. But goddammit. Am I otherwise supposed to wait 5 or more years for fucking winter?

Hrm.

Phi wrote:

I'm slogging through the Dance with Dragons audiobook. Can someone tell me that the ending is awesome? I really enjoyed up to Storm of Swords, but then Feast for Crows was slow with a really abrupt end and Dance with Dragons isn't much better. Too many new characters and new story lines that I don't really care about. I get that the two books are parallel and I'm hoping that the "real" ending is in Dance with Dragons.

It's not. Now you can prepare yourself and enjoy it for what it is, not for what it should be.  smile  There's a story going around the internet that Martin's editor persuaded him to move out some of the climaxes... which if true means she should be fired for being an idiot.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Expectations suitably lowered, thanks. At least it's not like I have to rush through the remaining 2/3rds of the book, considering I have at least a few years before the next comes out tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down