Re: The New Introduction Thread

Owen Ward wrote:

The 'Roto lightsabers on to dicks' phase was pretty fun, though. Damn mods had to spoil all the fun!

Thank you, so much, for that mental image... tongue

God loves you!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Dave wrote:

Err, welcome to Friends in Your Head.

Demented and sad... but social.

Trey wrote:
Dave wrote:

Err, welcome to Friends in Your Head.

Demented and sad... but social.

That should be the show's motto.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

True.  But I think the physics club is already using it.

Well, guess I'm re-watching that movie tonight.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Then my work here is done.

* Punches fist in the air* 
* Freeze frame*
* Don't You Forget About Me begins to play*
* Credits *

The best part about the secret section is that it contains the only remaining download link for Iron Fist of the Obsidian Sith.

Also, Boter, is your name pronounced with a long o or a short o? I've never been sure.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Ack which is which >.< Pronounce it as you'd pronounce "boater", not "botter".

Edit: I think I have IFOTOS lying around on my hard drive, but I don't know if Phi wants me putting it up on her server. High quality + early 2000s = huge filesize. Thank god for H.264 since then.

Last edited by Boter (2013-10-18 12:23:33)

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Boter wrote:

Ack which is which >.< Pronounce it as you'd pronounce "boater", not "botter".

Edit: I think I have IFOTOS lying around on my hard drive, but I don't know if Phi wants me putting it up on her server. High quality + early 2000s = huge filesize. Thank god for H.264 since then.

Man, I wish I could host those.

Could make me forgot about my crappy first fan film (and second and third...)

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Boter wrote:

Which, of course, is why it's so hard to find. It's the best fanfilm ever, but they refused to dilute the quality to reduce the file size, and thus few people could host it and almost no one saved a copy because it took up so much space.

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You people.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Of all things from TFN to bring back, IFOTOS isn't that bad. We could be posting tons of photoshopped images of Vaportrail because he happened to take a picture of himself in front of a green wall. Would you rather have that?

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Maybe.

http://pressenter.phispace.net/Vapor%20Trail%20Fig.jpg

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

I totally forgot about that.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Love it!

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey hello, just arrived to the forum but been listening to the show for quite some time on and off.

It's Mousa The 14, not the 14th. I'm am amateur renaissance artist that is a master of nothing. I just happen to enjoy film and media and analyzing it and that's why I like DIF. Or... I guess FIYH.

I discovered the site because I have been a member of the Tvtropes forum a long time and for some reason TVT's dictator was advertising you guys so I decided to give you all a shot. Listened to a few podcasts, liked them, then promptly forgot to listen to other podcasts. And now I've come back to listen to everything.

Anyhow love the show, has an amazing dream team of commentators, A Science guy, A Smarmy old hat, the man who could fix any story, the military movie buff, and.... I dunno about that other guy, the one that sounds like a game show host that some people call... Fig? You guys could do without him, if you need an assassination I know a guy.

I kid I kid, you're all awesome.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Probably should have started here...

Hi!  I'm Sparky.  Longtime television and movie fan who spends inordinate amounts of time thinking about and dissecting the motivations and narrative direction of fictional people.  Pretty long and varied internet history, and this is my first discussion forum since... yeesh.  Probably Roswellfans.net in the mid 2000's.  (FYI, I think Chad in the UHF episode did a call back on Nasedo... NOT ALONE, DUDE.)  So, new old experiences, here I come!

By day, I work in a medical library, so my user experience when it comes to film and visual media is pretty comfortably from the outside of the industry.  I'm not hugely creative, but I appreciate content on many levels!  Found the podcast because a friend had mentioned that she enjoyed fan commentaries for TV shows, and always looking for interesting podcast content, I found FIYH on a random list of fan-created podcasts on the internet.  In short: blind luck.

Hrn, worst injury.  Probably the time I got pushed off the playground equipment at school (well before the rubber chips became a common fixture) and landed on my tailbone.  Walked funny for a week or two, but found out a few years later that I'd compressed/chipped two vertebrae.  Otherwise, that time I fell doing a jumping jack at cheer camp and broke my foot.  Man, thinking about it, I was pretty accident prone as a ween.

Otherwise, my taste in media is pretty varied.  I tend to value character arc over production value (it's a sliding scale both ways), have Firm Opinions on Star Wars, and my favorite food is steak tacos.

*waves*

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cheer camp? Medical library?

DO GO ON

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Cheer camp? Medical library?

DO GO ON

*laughs*  Well, if you want an indepth discussion of my frustration with a forced migration of OPAC's or a general nodding at the ridiculocity of copyright law as applies between libraries and head-tilty history of how that agreement was made, I'm your person.  Otherwise, a good bulk of my workload involves trying to forensically reconstruct what a patron's request actually means versus what's in front of me.  I will say PubMed is totally my bitch.

Re: Cheer camp: I did win the spirit award for most persistent.  It was a 12-week program at the local park district and despite breaking said foot in week two, I had perfect attendance.  I spent a lot of time at the bottom of a pyramid.  (And calm down.  We were all eleven...)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Damn!
Crave for steak taco... in... creasing...

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Hi. I'm Kris, 29 years old of age. From The north east of England. I'm a Pisces. I have Hazel eyes and into... MOVIES. I am a guitarist at heart and have been for 20 years, yet have still to master it. I'm fascinated with how the movie industry works. It all spawned from my love of animation and MAYA. I've made a few darrffft animations over my time... for silly songs I posted on youtube spanning about 10 years (mainly to do all the work myself out of necessity) and for friends to larrff at. I stumbled across this site as I was searching for a 'back to the future' commentary and Zarban's site led me here so have been a fan since nearly inception... I guess?! As much as it was for technical insight of the industry I was looking for, I've learned a lot about actually story telling - plus a hoot to boot when drinks are involved #DorkmanStarWarsPrequals. I'm rather recent to the actual forum 'cos I never seem to catch the live recordings. Poltergeist broke me in first and sooo looking forward to the 24 hour Potter-athon!

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

screwballscramble wrote:

I stumbled across this site as I was searching for a 'back to the future' commentary and Zarban's site led me here

Whoo hoo! Shout out to me!

*does hand jive*
*moonwalks out of room*

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

You're welcome.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I meant... Thank you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi! I'm Michael Harle.

I'm currently unemployed, but am an aspiring voice over artist, who moonlights in various library/bookstore jobs.

I found the show because I'm also a volunteer staff member of MuggleNet.com, where I host two podcasts (Audiofictions & Alohomora!); I was one of many MuggleNet staff interviewed for the What Are You Doing, Movie? 24-hour Harry Potter marathon (I was the East Indian guy in the snappy purple shirt who couldn't stop praising Alfonso Cuarón). I very much enjoyed the opportunity to chat with Michael and Teague about a film series that's very important to me (I kept telling people that they "spoke my language"), so I figured I should come over here and play a bit more (and I worried that if I didn't, Teague would cry. Srsly, you guys).

My worst injury was in high school when my kneecap popped out of place and I was out of commission for a month. I have weak ligaments in my knees, so that's great.

I like my pizza with pepperoni. On occasion with green chile ('cause New Mexico). I really only like pizza from Village Pizza here in town, so I'm kind of worried about what's going to happen when I move.

As far as I'm aware, I don't have a sister. But I am adopted, so it's possible . . .

To flesh myself out beyond the questions asked, I have a degree in Cinematic Arts from the University of New Mexico, with a minor in Theater, as there is no degree for voice over, so I figured knowing the history and inner workings of the industry I want to be in would be the next best thing. My favorite movie of all time is "Contact" (1997), that movie everyone forgot 'cause they were too busy freaking out about "Titanic" (which, incidentally, I'm fairly lukewarm about). I'm also a great lover of Disney (their movies, not so much their business practices), Studio Ghibli, and various classics. I am, apparently, in very high demand amongst my friends to see movies with. If you get me talking about one I've seen, we'll probably need to sit down and order something to eat. And then go somewhere else for dessert.

Outside of movies, Harry Potter kind of rules my life. I also like LEGOs. Ooh, and 90s nostalgia bombing. And books, on the rare occasions that I get to read them. And guys. Guys are nice, too. Someday, I'll get me one of those.

Last edited by Lupinpatronus (2014-01-13 05:10:37)

"Cuarón is the reason. Cuarón is the why."

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down