I heartily approve of Teague continuing to do podcasts featuring every single one of us.
Solid talk all round and it kept me up thinking instead of being sensible and going to sleep. The Top 10 Box Office comparison from today to 20 years ago made me go and check the worldwide Top 10 of every single year in the past twenty years and chart just how many originals, sequels, adaptations, remakes and such there were. Now, it was a bit of a rush-job - so it may not be entirely accurate
- 1993, 1994 and 1996 are the only years without a sequel/prequel/interquel/whatever in the Top 10.
- 2011, 2012 and 2017 are the only years without a single original film in the Top 10.
- This year is looking like it will also be a year without a single original film in the Top 10.
- The last time at least half of a years Top 10 were original films was in 2000.
- Sequels have taken up at least half of a years Top 10 (apart from in 2005) since 2002.
- The Top 10 list for 2011 was full of sequels apart from one, a reboot of The Smurfs.
Last edited by Owen_Ward (2018-12-11 03:39:41)