Topic: Star Wars: Winter Trench Run
First, the video, because if I put it at the bottom of the post you'll spend more time reading than watching.
It's always great to realize that the seed of thought in your head can become a full project very easily.
In this case, the seed of thought was me asking Steph, "Do the high snowbanks on the side of our road remind you of the Death Star trench?" (Answer: "Yeah!")
I'd had the thought for a couple of weeks but decided this week that it was something I could do. I downloaded a Trench Run video from YouTube (1977 vs. SE comparison*) and cut up the sections I wanted to use, made easier by the first two runs not being scored at all. It was shot on a cloudy, snowy day on Saturday and on sunny days Sunday and today (Monday). And dammit I'm really happy with how it turned out.
I ended up shooting this entirely with my GoPro Hero 3 Black. 90% because I had to - mounting the camera both inside and outside of the cars and the only suction cup mount I have is for the small action cam - and the remaining 10% because at that point, why the hell not.
So anyways, I hope you all enjoy! If someone with a Reddit account would like to drop this where it'd be appropriate to do so, that'd be awesome (or just tell me where that'd be, might make an account just to post this).
*Turns out this was sped up slightly to get past the automatic copyright detection, but by the time I bothered to check I was so far along in the edit I felt it wasn't worth it.