Topic: The Rats Move Into the Dollhouse

Just wrote a really cool piece of music for nothing in particular. It's times like these I really wish I had a nice MIDI setup so I could do proper orchestral arrangements.

Fun, huh?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The Rats Move Into the Dollhouse

I'm kind of in love with this.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

smile

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

wow, awesome.... smile

but I might not have had a fair hearing of it since I had the end credits of Empire playing on the TV.... so it had a nice John Williams spice to it...  wink

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

I worked up the first 30 seconds or so with some samples cause I was bored and wanted to hear it as the strings it was meant to be. I added a bit of flute in there, too, for shits and giggles. No drums cause I don't have good drum bits that would fit this.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1927416/Rats%20 … lhouse.mp3

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I really dug this.

It sounds like it should be playing over the animated titled sequence to a movie. Honey I Shrunk the Kids Style!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That's awesome, Squiggles. Way to nail the solo, too.

I gotta get me one of them setups, I tell you what.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

musagi (free) + edirol orchestral + mouse. I didn't actually use a keyboard, as I can't play nearly as well as you tongue

I dunno if you can even buy edirol's stuff anymore, tho. They got bought out by Roland and it appears they no longer sell their products, only support them. At the time I bought it it was on sale for about $100, but that was about 5 years ago. It's not the best, but it's fun to dick around with.

Musagi is a blast to play with, tho. It's a really fun app to work with.
http://drpetter.se/project_musagi.html
That's the main project page for it, but the guy who made it went on to make 'sculptris' which is an awesome freeware sculpting tool which was so awesome that he got hired by Z-Logic, so now he mostly just does that. He released the source for Musagi and another guy kinda adds to it off and on in his spare time. Rumor has it that the guy is working up his own version of what will eventually be called "Musagi 2", but I dunno. His version of Musagi is available on the forums over here:
http://drpetter.proboards.com/index.cgi … hread=1103
No install, you just extract it and run.

Save often, as even his considerably more stable version is prone to the occasional random crash.

Last edited by Squiggly_P (2012-01-10 22:35:20)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ooh, nice. Do I detect a hint of Elfman? I think I do.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

That's what I thought, Zarban. It's very Elfman-esque, I love it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down