Re: The IMDb Top 250 Checklist

Wow — that's specific as hell.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

How's everyone doing?

We've pretty much had zero time for movies in the past few weeks - it took us maybe a month to finish the last two episodes of Penny Dreadul - but I'm aiming to get back to it.

Last edited by Saniss (2018-05-23 11:56:49)

Sébastien Fraud - Compositing Artist / Currently VFX Supervisor at TRIARII Prod, France.
Facebook Page  500px Gallery

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You just gave me an idea for a thread.

...which will constitute my reply.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

#169 on the list has been blank on the list for a while for some reason, no worries, after some prompting from Faldor, it's now fixed. Thank you wayback machine.

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We just watched Coco for the first time. I'm usually luke-warm to Pixar films and figure people only rave about them because the other kid's cartoons must be just so damn terrible, but that was a very pleasant surprise.

Mrs Faldor loved it and all, even if she did do her usual thing of (correctly) yelling out her guess at all the plot twists.

and it left me thinking of my old Gran...

Extended Edition - 140 Solo: A Star Wars Story!
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

I'm starting to think the wrong Faldor made a movie podcast...

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We watched the earliest film on the list, Charlie Chaplin's "The Kid" from 1921 this morning. It was only an hour long and pretty funny. The plot was somewhat convoluted but surprisingly for something nearly a century old mostly made sense to our modern minds.

You don't realise how much modern films seem to be made with people using their phones in mind. I was eating lunch when we put it on and when I looked down to take a bite I missed what was going on. None of this standing around chin wagging you get in your superhero movies!

12 Angry Men did exactly what it said on the tin. This is one of those movies I've been meaning to watch for about 5 - 10 years and not gotten around to watching because I wasn't in the mood, but everyone is right. What a good film.

I thought I recognised one of the jurors and couldn't place him until I looked him up on IMDB. It was Piglet. The voice gave it away.

I freaking love that movie - list wise... I would slide down the godfathers and push it up.

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Faldor wrote:

I thought I recognised one of the jurors and couldn't place him until I looked him up on IMDB. It was Piglet. The voice gave it away.

It's not only the voice. John Fiedler even looked like Piglet wink

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e3/John_Fiedler.png
http://i.pinimg.com/originals/b3/b8/59/b3b8595b9d3a64ab6fe96eaba85fccb7.png

We all float down here...

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Faldor wrote:

12 Angry Men did exactly what it said on the tin. This is one of those movies I've been meaning to watch for about 5 - 10 years and not gotten around to watching because I wasn't in the mood, but everyone is right. What a good film.

I feel weird bringing this up right now, since I've not bothered to mention it here: I just performed the Henry Fonda part in our local theater production, literally yesterday and again next week (all sold out, sorry fans!). I suppose it's even weirder that it came up here spontaneously in spite of me not mentioning it. I suspect Google, Facebook and the NSA.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*squint*

Or you're being sent here to surveil us.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Let's assemble a jury to angrily decide his fate.

Last edited by DarthPraxus (2018-06-18 17:59:56)

Don't know that there's enough of us to fill one out but we'll figure something out.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.