Topic: Pirates of the Curriculum

Like any long-term creative endeavour, the University of Auckland Engineering Revue has more highs and lows in its history than even the most whiplash-inducing of roller-coasters. Started in 2008, the show was originally an opportunity for a group of engineering students to make dick jokes on stage for their engineering student mates to chuckle at. As time went on, the audiences became larger, the content became more varied and occasionally more respectable (though the core principle of dick jokes can never truly be exorcised), and eventually, I got involved.

First as Matty McFry in the 2015 Engineering Revue: Hack to the Future, gradually making my way up the ranks to Assistant Director in 2017, and finally Executive and Creative Director of the 2018 Engineering Revue: Pirates of the Curriculum.

I'm really proud of this show, it's the largest creative project I've ever made, with over 70% of the final show written by me (including some parts that in retrospect should've been cut). Of course, all creativity is collaborative, so that number should probably be watered down a decent chunk by the input of the many fantastic members of the executive team, cast, and crew.

I don't expect many of you to sit through a two-and-a-half hour recording of an amateur stage show featuring references to a university you don't attend, so if you do decide to give it a watch and any skits start to drag for you, you have total permission to skip ahead to next one.

PS: I'm Derek

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Pirates of the Curriculum

This is, and I cannot stress this enough, relevant to my interests.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Pirates of the Curriculum

I have no idea if this is going to be too engineer-y for me but hot dang am I giving it a shot when I get home tonight.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.