Re: The Mandalorian (spoilers)

I’m going to respectfully disagree and say the Darksaber looked dead on.

I just don’t understand why the Grand Moff’s TIE has folding wings and landing gear but the ones in the Episodic movies land on their wings without folding them.

I buy it. I think a Moff would warrant the budget for whatever projects they like. If Krennic can take a peek at blueprints for an unproduced shuttle and convince Sienar to make one for him, someone high in the Imperial Remnant can say, "Hey, what about this, but *usable*?"

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

As the forum's resident Clone Wars lover, you can bet I squee'd hard over the Darksaber.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I did some Wookiepedia hunting yesterday night; apparently those TIEs are called Outlaw TIEs, and were specifically made to make ingress and egress easier outside of Star Destroyers.

Yeah I will 100% admit to checking Wookieepedia before my last post about them tongue

OH. Can I say: the two biker scouts just sitting there with nothing to do for like five minutes straight is some of my favorite Star Wars? That is the kind of stuff we'd see in some fanfilms back in the day.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Same!! The biker scene is gold. And I noticed how the show made sure that *both* troopers hit the Child. Otherwise we might have sympathy for them when IG murders them. Fuck those guys tongue

And,
Mandalorian: I'm not sad.
IG: Yes you are. I'm a nurse droid, I've analyzed your voice.

...was adorable

Witness me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Yeah, you hit baby Yoda. I hit you. It's odd that this little wrinkley green grotesque thing is just SO. FREAKIN'. ADORABLE!

I'm pretty bummed about IG-11 but a valid way to go.

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thoughts on seeing Pedro Pascal's face? I thought for sure they were going to cut away, or at least use camera angles to obscure him, but I do like that we got to see his reaction to the droid taking care of him and his reversal of his anti-droid stance on, at least, this droid in particular.

I think you had to see it for the emotion in the scene. But it was a surprise that the helmet-off scene happened.

Also, the speeder bike stormtroopers being unable to hit a can that’s two yards away was amazing.

Despite being someone who is not a massive Star Wars fan, I really enjoyed this show.

I have spoken, etc.

Last edited by Jimmy B (2020-01-20 22:07:30)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down